This is one of my go-to recipes for entertaining, pot luck dinners or easy dinners at home. It is great with tortilla and pita chips or on top of a chicken fajita salad or tacos. And, it is a cold dip so it is so refreshing in the summer!
Most traditional Texas Caviar recipes include black eyed peas, but I prefer the taste of black beans so this version has a little more of a Tex-Mex kick!
- 1 can Rotel (mild or hot)
- 1 can strained black beans
- 1 can of corn
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno
- 1 chopped avocado
- The juice of one lime
- 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons Italian dressing
So easy: mix everything together and refrigerate! Since the dip is so easy to make I love making homemade tortilla chips to go with it! No real “cooking” required!